Saturday, October 11, 2014

The End of Summer

I finally feel like I've caught up again after my vacation, and it's already been over month since I got back. I spent two weeks with my in-laws and we went to see grandparents in Minnesota and then us girls went to Time Out for Women in St. Louis. Unfortunately I don't have the pictures to show you of these adventures because I have been using a disposable camera. I haven't used up all the film yet, so the pictures aren't developed. The anticipation of getting the film developed is a feeling I haven't felt for years; it's almost non-existent for most people anymore now that we have small, portable electronic devices with cameras built in and the technology to see them instantly.

Brett has been working his tail off putting in long hours every day at the plant. He also went on a scout camp-out and went kayaking down a river. We had very little contact while I was gone because the country cell service is next to nothing - at least with Virgin Mobile. I had to call him while we were driving through a town. So, needless to say, it was a long two weeks apart.

He missed me so much. I came home to sparkling bathrooms, new groceries, a vacuumed car, clean laundry and sheets, dinner made, dishes done, our new bookshelf built in the living room, and a dozen red roses in a handmade flower box. I felt so spoiled. Of all these things, the roses were the biggest shock. He's only given me flowers once before (and even then, I think I had begged him to buy them for me). I love him so much!


Brett has an overnight scout leadership training coming up and we need to get the required camping equipment for him to go. We had a leader offer us several extra, used tents to choose from, so we took them home, moved around furniture and set them up in our apartment. We decided on one and then took it camping for a night. I haven't been camping since I was 18, and I realized I was pretty rusty on the outdoor skills. Brett was brilliant though, and we had a good time. It brought back a lot of family camping memories. Brett said he never went camping with his family, so I hope that we will go camping with our children someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment