Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Half Birthday

Brett's half-birthday is today, so we celebrated by taking a short trip to see the Grand Falls. It is the largest waterfall in Missouri, and only about 10 miles away from where we live. We were very cold. It is about 29 degrees Fahrenheit today, but I think it was colder at the falls. The rock is all chert, or flint stone, so it is pocked everywhere where the water has eroded it. All the larger holes are full of frozen water. There are  even icicles on the tree branches from the frozen spray coming off the falls.




Our stove hood got fixed. Tonight we had a really yummy stovetop spicy enchilada dinner, and then we had chocolate. Like my mom always says: you have to have chocolate after spicy Mexican food. That's what I crave every time.


And this is me doing dishes after dinner. The spiky fake handles under the sink always get caught on my clothes. This time it ripped a huge hole in my jeans. I'm smiling because they're just my work jeans.
I said "Brett, get my camera and take a picture for my blog." He said "Sure! I'll take a picture of your leg!" haha, of course


No comments:

Post a Comment