Monday, February 24, 2014

Yes, my posts always revert to food

I rented Little Women over the weekend. I haven't watched it since I was a pre-teen, so I really didn't remember it. Brett watched it with me because it had Christian Bale in it, which is his favorite Batman actor. After watching Bale play the cryptic Bruce Wayne in the new Batman movies it was really funny to see him play the part of a young playful man in Little Women. I laughed so hard at the part where the kids blow on the window and where the little girl Amy (Kirsten Dunst) says "Blast!" when she drops her little chalkboard in the snow. Heather and I loved those parts. We used to rewind and play them over and over.

The Chinese girl in my office made me lunch today. Oh my! Real Chinese cooking is so much better than China buffets. She made a really simple dish: white rice, spicy shredded celery sautéed in butter and sweet scrambled eggs with tomatoes. I never would have thought of all those combinations, but it was super good. I made her a sweet coconut bread. We were talking about cooking before the weekend and she told me she would make me some real Chinese food and I told her I would bake something for her. She likes American breads and baked goods, but doesn't know how to make them since they don't have ovens or much baking in China. She really liked it.

Brett and I tried making a Magic Cake over the weekend. Magic Cake is like making crepe batter and when you bake it it separates into three layers: a dense crepe layer on the bottom, a custard center, and fluffy cake on top dusted with powdered sugar. It wasn't my favorite, but I still had more than necessary. I'm not a fan of custard, unless it's frozen.

....Oh My!

I should just freeze the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment