Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Making a List and Checking it Twice


Last year the big hype was about solar houses. We heard from a few people after building our annual gingerbread house that they were disappointed that we didn't build a solar gingerbread house. So....this year we have a solar panel. It is really the only decoration on the rooftop this time because someone (that would be me) decided to be the engineer of the wall-building, and I totally failed at that job. We found that by the time the roof went up, the walls were too wide, so the roof has no support from the walls - so roof pieces are hanging by the white of the icing. Every time we touch it, the whole thing comes down. We tried a couple times to reinforce it, but, let's face it, a cookie house is pretty crummy.

Let me introduce you to our Christmas tree. It's our first one! Thanks to the Parsons family - I believe it was a re-gifted white elephant gift ;)
I am lovin' it! It was the star of our Feliz Navidad theme table at the ward Christmas party last weekend. Everyone thought it was the coolest little tree. I used the disposable camera to take pictures of it, and I finally used up all the film. I tried to take it to Walmart to develop the pictures and they told me they don't develop them anymore! "But you're selling them!" I actually yelled right there at the lady. (Sorry Walmart photo lady.)

This week is a busy one, I'm sure for all of you too. We are going up to Brett's parent's for Christmas and have a lot to do before we go. 
Brett's long workdays fall on this week, plus he's working overtime. Long long days for him. 
Brett's young men want to go give cookie plates to all their home teachees for their mutual activity this week, so that means I have to make them. ...and I did! Two batches of different cookies were both a success, I am so grateful for new cookie sheets. (They are helping this cookie dummy tremendously!)
Brett also signed up to bring rolls for his work party....so I'm making rolls too.
I have to make a trip to Rolla to get Brett's glasses fixed. The frame snapped in half at the bridge right before church last Sunday. Good thing they're under warranty. The optometry had to order new frames, so I've got to make the drive to the office whenever they come in so I can get the glasses fixed before we leave for vacation.
Meanwhile, I am crossing my fingers that all the gifts I ordered on Amazon arrive before Friday. 
And all that other usual weekly grocery shopping, and house cleaning, making meals...

I have so many lists going on right now I have to have a list to double check everything so I don't forget anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment